The LBA Children and Families Foundation was officially established in 2007 to formalize, coordinate and broaden Latin Builders Association’s already extensive involvement and enduring commitment to various South Florida philanthropic activities.
Since the LBA’s commencement in 1971, our association has made every effort to convey its appreciation to the flourishing community that embraces and supports the construction industry by rendering assistance to those less fortunate.
For nearly three decades prior to the establishment of the LBAC&FF, we actively collaborated in local charitable efforts, such as La Liga Contra El Cáncer, and organized events like the Annual Bike Drive to provide children from Miami’s most disadvantage neighborhoods with a very special treat for the holidays.
Today, the LBA Children and Families Foundation orchestrates the organization’s philanthropic work by:
- Organizing the division’s fundraising
- Creating and developing new practices to acquire and apply resources
- Recruiting LBA member participation
- Identifying special hardship cases and determining course of action
- Reviewing requests for assistance
- Promoting relationships with local charitable institutions
- Coordinating and implementing proprietary events
- LBA Back-To-School Backpack Drive
- LBA Scholarship Fund
- LBA Toy/Bike Drive
- Allocating grants and disbursing funds to support meritorious programs
- Creating awareness of its activities and programs through public relations and promotional campaigns